I'm such a slacker. I totally meant to post about my cake decorating class back in February when I completed it, but of course I didn't get around to doing it and then completely forgot about it. It was only after reading Jen's post about cake that I finally remembered. (Thanks, Jen! :)
I've wanted to take a cake decorating class for a few years but it was just never a priority. But in my recent quest to do something for myself, I came back to this wish as something that could now be easily done. So I signed up at Joann's Fabric and Craft store for a 4-class course that took place on 4 consecutive Saturdays starting Jan 19th. This worked out perfectly as Steve was always available to watch the kids those days.
The first cake I decorated was for our friend Andrew's birthday. We had invited him over for Sunday dinner, along with the missionaries from our ward. He ended up not being able to stay for dinner but stopped by for a bit before hand so that I could give him some our his cake. I thought it turned out pretty good, and fortunately, everyone else thought so too.
And here's Noah eating his piece of yummy cake! I'm not sure why he did it this way though! :)
The next week Brooklyn asked if I would do a pink and blue cake, so I made that one for her.
For the last class I learned how to do the Wilton Rose. It's pretty fun, once you get the hang of it. Brooklyn said to do red roses because it was almost Valentine's Day, but unfortunately I didn't realize till after that the red food dye tastes NASTY!!! So when it came time to eat this cake, we had to scrape all the roses off first so that no one had to eat them.
At least it looks good enough to eat. :)
10 April 2008
Let Them Eat Cake
Written by skye at 11:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 people love me:
Yeah! Good for you for taking time for yourself... I am yet to take an actual cake decorating class, but my grandpa used to own a bakery so I was around it growing up. You're roses look great even if they didn't taste good. Good job!
Great cakes! Cool idea to take the class. I could sure use that class.
Super impressed about the cake. I told myself that I have to learn how to make wedding cakes in the next ten years since I have four girls. Blat.
It was so good to hear from you. How to you know Nemesis? I don't know her personally, I found her through a friend of a friend, so to speak.
Your family is adorable. I can't get over how much your daughter looks like you, she is so pretty. I'll have to keep in touch. I love how blogs are slowly bringing the world together :)
Post a Comment