CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

11 May 2008

Speaking of cakes. . .

I finally had a chance to put my newly-acquired cake making skills to work. Jayson and Megan invited us over Saturday night for an early Mother's Day dinner, and since Megan just recently found out she was pregnant, and it was almost her birthday, and it was her first official Mother's Day, I thought it'd be nice to make a cake to celebrate all these exciting events.



I went with a different frosting this time. The frosting I used for class contained so much shortening that eating it kind of grossed me out. So I asked my friend, Mr. Google, to find me a cream cheese frosting recipe, and fortunately, there were a few (read: 535,000) choices to choose from. It didn't have quite the same consistency as the shortening version, but I found that it still spread and piped out well.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a lot of time Saturday to play around with making roses and such, but I did add a big scoop of raspberry jam to the frosting to use as the filling, and oh my, did that taste good! All in all, it turned out pretty cute and yummy.

So, if anyone wants a super, duper, special cake made by yours truly. . . just give me a call!! (And money, of course :))

1 people love me:

twiddyfam said...

Your collection looks alot like mine! For Mother's day I got the Quietly figure. Happy Be-lated Mommy's day to you!