CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

31 May 2008

I'd like you to meet my friends. . . Smith & Wesson.

Today, Steve and I had the opportunity to go to the Lemoore Sportsman's Club shooting range with our friend Phil. He's a member there, and as his membership was expiring today, he wanted to go shooting one last time, and invited Steve to go with him. Steve has gone with him once or twice in the past, but knowing that I haven't had a chance to shoot my gun in a couple of years, he asked if I wanted to go with them. I was kind of excited about it, since I've only shot my gun a few times since I bought it in September of 2003.

I had received a gift certificate to a local gun shop in Tacoma as a Christmas gift from Steve's dad, and I was so excited to get to pick one out myself. After getting the feel of a few different guns, I ended up going with a 9mm Smith & Wesson SW9P.



It's an awesome gun, and I really like shooting it, although it felt weird holding it today because I haven't shot it in so long. In fact, I was so out of practice that I even started loading the bullets backwards into the clip. I was standing there wondering why the bullets weren't fitting in properly when Steve walks over, looks at me for a second, and then says, "You're putting them in wrong." DUH!!! Now I know what you're thinking. . . maybe a gun in my hands isn't the best of ideas, but I promise, I really do know what I'm doing. :) After that first time, it was all smooth sailing.



I also had a chance to shoot Steve's Marlin 22 rifle, and Phil's Ruger 10/22 rifle. Both guns were fun to shoot, but Phil's was the best! In fact, I want one now.



Check out this shot poster. The two left ones are mine. And this was from 25ft away. I know it's not very amazing, but I have shot a bull's eye from 50 ft with Steve's rifle in the past. Now that was cool! :)



Here's Steve shooting his 9mm Walther P99, and his Marlin 22 rifle.





It was a very fun day, and I'm glad we were able to go. Now that we're a bit more permanently settled, hopefully we'll be able to go shooting more often.

3 people love me:

KLARK Nehring said...

Perhaps you and your 9mm S&W SW9P should get together with me and my 45mm S&W 457 some time! Sounds fun! -Lora

Greg & Jen said...

Sounds like fun...I'm jelous. I haven't been shooting since getting out of the Army. We don't have any hand guns at this point, but we've been talking about it for a while. We have a few other guns though. We haven't even been able to shoot them. Maybe we should make a date of it? I'm glad you guys had fun!

Maleen said...

Tyler loves guns and I don't mind shooting except he often goes in the dead of winter in Idaho and then I pass because I can't feel my fingers. I like target shooting, but I can't hit skeet to save my life. Rifles are usually just too long for my arms.