My day began quite early as a taxi driver for Dad, John, Kara and Veronique White. They were running the Tacoma Narrows Half Marathon and had to be at the starting line by 6:00.
Here they are, all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Except for John. . . he would be black and blue-eyed and broken-nosed. :) (Little accident at his hockey game a few nights before.)
After arriving back home, I had hoped to go back to sleep for a few hours, but instead decided to meet up with Bonnie and Sophia to do some geocaching. I had a couple hours before I had to pick the runners up, so we headed out to Point Defiance to find a few there. Unfortunately, the Five Mile Drive was closed, so instead of driving to within a few feet of the caches we were looking for, we had to hike about a mile. And then we couldn't find the first one, so we had to go with another one, which we found just after I should have left to go get the runners. Oops. :)
So after racing downtown and getting Dad, John and Kara home, and then checking to see that Gramma and my kids were okay, Bonnie, Sophia and I took off again.
These next caches took us to Titlow Park. Here's Sophia acting like a monkey on the tree that should have contained a cache, but after searching for 45 minutes, we gave up and went to find another one close by.
Unfortunately, because we're a bunch a newbies, and apparently don't know how to read, we got a bit lost finding the next one, but after a little thinking and a small hike, we finally found it.
After spending so much time trying to find the previous caches, we wanted to end our day with a few easy ones. These last 3 took us 30 minutes, including drive time. Now that's more like it. :)
After picking up my car from Bonnie's house, I headed to my Mom's to get the kids and head over to the University Place Festival that Dad and Leanna were running booths at.
I was a bit surprised that they weren't there, but I assumed they had already left for the festival, so I headed straight there. I eventually found my kidlets having a blast, playing on all of the inflatable fun-houses, and making friends with random children. :)
The other reason that brought me to this festival was that The Dempseys were going to be performing. Steve and I went to school with these boys, and I thought it'd be hilarious to see how they've aged in the 13 years it's been since I've seen them. And to hear them perform, of course! They are a very talented group! And they sing rockabilly, which is totally our kind of music.
It was also cool to see them since Steve and I had been wondering what was going on with them ever since we saw them in the movie "Walk The Line". Well, now we know. :)
02 August 2008
Geocaching and the UP Festival
Written by skye at 10:38 PM
Labels: all about me, Brooklyn, geocaching, Masonfam, Noah, WA friends, WA vacations
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 people love me:
Good job on the ones that you did find! Keep on Caching! (Now you need to hide one!)
I love geocaching. Thank you Andrea for going with us. Craig, Dad, Mom and I did 13 geocaches in Paris and Egypt. It was a lot of fun. I am at 66 finds now since June 2008.
Post a Comment